Repairs and spares
As professionals, we have access to a range of spares needed to keep your burner working as it should be, and if it isn’t in stock we can normally get the most common items within a day
Repairs and Spares: What Can We Do for You ?
We are an independent company that provides supply & installation, servicing & maintencance plus repair services, meaning that we can repair and provide spares for practically any stove where the manufacturer is still trading, and often times, we can repair stoves if their manufacturer is no longer trading.
In general, wood burning stoves are solid lumps of metal and as such are fairly sturdy beasts, and are a great way to heat your home, but they can also require repairing as like everything in life repairs and servicing prolong the life of us all.
Most Common Issues with Log Burners
Here are some of the most common issues that require repairing:
- Stove pipe leaks: Stove pipes can develop leaks over time, which can allow smoke to escape into the room. This is a safety hazard and can also damage your home.
- Cracked or broken glass: The glass in a log burner can crack or break if it is not properly cared for. This can allow smoke and heat to escape, and it can also be a safety hazard.
- Clogged or blocked flues: Flues can become clogged or blocked with soot and ash, which can prevent the stove from burning properly. This can lead to smoke and fumes building up in the room, which is a safety hazard.
- Faulty thermostats: Thermostats control the temperature of the stove, and they can malfunction over time. This can cause the stove to overheat, which can be a safety hazard.
- Burning problems: Log burners can sometimes have problems burning properly. This can be caused by a number of factors, such as using the wrong type of wood, not using enough wood, or not cleaning the stove regularly.
Some Popular Makes of Wood Burning & Multifuel Stoves in the UK
- Salamander: Salamander is a British company that has been manufacturing wood burning stoves for over 50 years. Their stoves are known for their high quality and durability.
- Riello: Riello is an Italian company that has been manufacturing wood burning stoves for over 30 years. Their stoves are known for their high efficiency and low emissions.
- Jotul: Jotul is a Norwegian company that has been manufacturing wood burning stoves for over 100 years. Their stoves are known for their traditional design and high quality.
- Eco-Stoves: Eco-Stoves is a British company that has been manufacturing wood burning stoves for over 20 years. Their stoves are known for their innovative design and high efficiency.
- Devon Stoves: Devon Stoves is a British company that has been manufacturing wood burning stoves for over 10 years. Their stoves are known for their high quality and stylish design.
- Charnwood: Charnwood is a British company that has been manufacturing wood burning stoves for over 30 years. Their stoves are known for their high quality and performance.
- Nest: Nest is a Swedish company that has been manufacturing wood burning stoves for over 10 years. Their stoves are known for their sleek design and high efficiency.
Here are Some Tips for Preventing Problems with Your Log Burner:
- Use the right type of wood: Only use dry, seasoned wood in your log burner. Burning wet wood can create creosote build up, which can lead to chimney fires.
- Use enough wood: Don’t overload your log burner with wood. This can cause the stove to overheat and can also create creosote buildup.
- Clean your stove regularly: A dirty stove is less efficient and can create more problems. Clean your stove at least once a month.
- Have your stove serviced annually: A qualified technician can inspect your stove for any problems and make any necessary repairs.
If you are experiencing any problems with your log burner, it is important to contact a qualified technician for repairs.
A qualified technician will be able to diagnose the problem and repair it safely and effectively, so please get in touch for all your needs and answers to questions.