Bringing Warmth and Charm with a 5KW Multifuel Wood Burner Stove
Pontrhydyfen is a delightful small village set in the picturesque Afan Valley of Neath Port Talbot county, Wales. Nestled at the merging point of the River Afan and Afon Pelenna, it lies just 1.8 miles north of the larger Cwmafan village, a short drive from both Port Talbot and Neath towns.
The tranquil yet convenient locale was the ideal home for a Hopkins Log Burners client who long envisioned a warming multifuel stove within their charming yet weather-exposed detached house. With slate and stone prevalent across properties in the area, the customer felt a multifuel installation would blend perfectly while combatting nippy Welsh air from the valley.
- Bringing Warmth and Charm with a 5KW Multifuel Wood Burner Stove
- Fireline FTW-3 Tracery Door Multifuel Stove Overview
- Tackling Stove Installation Obstacles with Finesse
- Bringing Our Client’s Stove Vision to Life
- Satisfaction for Our Port Talbot Client
- Installing the Fireline Multifuel Stove
- About Hopkins Log Burners: Bringing Fireplace Dreams to Life Across Neath Port Talbot
Fireline FTW-3 Tracery Door Multifuel Stove Overview
- Location: Pontrhydyfen is a small village in the Afan Valley, in Neath Port Talbot county borough in Wales. The village sits at the confluence of the River Afan and the smaller Afon Pelenna, 1.8 miles north of the larger village of Cwmafan and not far from the towns of Port Talbot and Neath
- Postcode: SA12 9RU
- Property Type: Detached House
- Contractor: Hopkins Log Burners specialist Wood burner, multifuel and biomass pellet stove installers
- Project: Multifuel Wood Burning Stove Installation
- Make of Fire: F2
- Model: Fireline FTW-3 Tracery Door
- KWH Value: 5KW
- Flu Type: 5″ Black TW PRO
Tackling Stove Installation Obstacles with Finesse
With an existing hearth and surround in place, our first task involved removing and resizing to align with the new multifuel stove. Careful measurements ensured a smooth fit to the wall’s stone finish. As this was an internal chimney breast, creating the exit hole for the flue avoided interference with the upstairs windows.
Using two 45° elbow TW Pro flue pipes enabled vertical installation along the pine end in line with regulations. Wall brackets, AD cowl, and trim plates blended neatly to complete the rear exit flue.
With the F2 Fireline FTW-3 Tracery Door multifuel stove aligned perfectly to the newly resized hearth, our engineer commissioned the appliance seamlessly, conducting a smoke test to verify safety and efficiency.
Bringing Our Client’s Stove Vision to Life
As experienced multifuel stove installers, we felt confident taking on this project, but this particular install presented unique challenges. Our engineer demonstrated exceptional skill and dedication in overcoming these hurdles to actualise the client’s vision for their focal point fireplace.
The completed installation blending traditional charm with contemporary multifuel stove functionality delights the customer. The Fireline multifuel stove performs beautifully, supplying the entire ground floor with warmth and ambiance.
Satisfaction for Our Port Talbot Client
Our client had long dreamed of a crackling stove providing a warming heart to their home. We feel proud to have turned aspiration into reality with an expert installation maximising the Fireline FTW-3 Tracery Door‘s potential. The intricacy of the tiled inlay door and arched filigree conveys understated elegance in keeping with the property’s character.
As the customer later told us:
“I’m over the moon with my new multifuel stove. Hopkins Log Burners were so professional and friendly. I now have the focal point fireplace I’d always hoped for!”
Installing the Fireline Multifuel Stove
The project involved meticulous preparation and precision installation to transform our client’s fireplace with the multifunctional Fireline stove.
From accurately measuring the existing hearth and surround to cut and resize, to aligning the flue exit hole to avoid obstructing windows, our engineer progressed methodically through each phase documented with images below:
About Hopkins Log Burners: Bringing Fireplace Dreams to Life Across Neath Port Talbot
At Hopkins Log Burners, we specialise in supplying and expertly installing wood burners, multifuel stoves and biomass wood pellet fires across the wider Neath Port Talbot area. From servicing your existing appliance to repair work and upgrades, our family-run business delivers exceptional outcomes every time.
Get in touch today on 01792 949639 to bring your fireplace vision to life!